Posts Tagged ‘chemistry’

Student killed by exploding chewing gum

December 13, 2009

Not your average chew ‘n’ review blog post…

A chemistry student who had a habit of dipping chewing gum into citric acid was killed when the gum exploded in his mouth, reported Australian news site news.com.au.

According to Russian news agency Ria Novosti, the 25-year-old man was found at his parent’s home in the Ukraine city of Konotop, with the lower half of his face blown off.

Police found packets of citric acid and ‘some kind of explosive material’, on a table in his parents’ room.

They believe the student may have confused the packets and accidentally dipped the gum in the explosive substance instead.

SOURCE: Asiaone.com

Advertisements